CCIA Policy Conference, Regulatory Webinars & Fact Sheets
4th Annual Policy Conference
On March 20, 2019 the California Cannabis Industry Association's hosted its 4th Annual Policy Conference brought together the cannabis industry, regulators, and legislators to discuss the challenges of the first year of legalization, as well as collaborative solutions on the horizon. As the leading cannabis trade association in the State of California, CCIA has worked diligently to ensure that our 500+ members are both well-educated and maintain an active voice in the legislative and regulatory process.
We would like to thank all of the panelists, keynotes, and attendees of the 2019 Policy Conference for your continued engagement in creating a sensible regulatory environment that promotes public safety and streamlines business operations for the regulated cannabis industry.
Panels & Breakout Sessions
Challenges & Opportunities in Cannabis Testing
Moderator: Emily Richardson - Vice President, Business Development, CW Analytical Labs
Tiffany Devitt - Chief Information Officer, Cannacraft
Dr. Swetha Kaul - Chief Scientific Officer, Cannalysis Labs
Dr. Donald Land - Chief Scientific Consultant, Steep Hill Labs, Inc.
Ian Stewart - Chair, National Cannabis Law Practice, Wilson, Elser, Moskowitz, Edelman & Dicker LLP
Dr. Gary Ward - Chief Compliance Officer & Principal Laboratory Scientist, PacLab Analytics
Distribution: The Gateway or Cog to Stability
Moderator: Elizabeth Conway - Director of Operations, Surterra Wellness
Michael Aberle - Senior Vice President, CannGen Insurance Services
David Hua - Chief Executive Officer, Meadow
Tim Morland - Director of Compliance & Policy, Continuum
Nicole Howell Neubert - Attorney, Clark Neubert, LLP
Michael Wheeler - Vice President of Policy Initiates, Flow Kana
Insuring the Cannabis Industry
Moderator: Stacey Jackson - General Counsel, Golden Bear Insurance
Stephanie Bozzuto - Co-Founder, Cannabis Connect Insurance
Camille L. Dixon - Director, California Department of Insurance
Doug Esposito - Cannabis Practice Leader, Owen-Dunn Insurance Services
Kelly Radkowski - Vice President, Regional Agency Sales Manager, Cannasure
Compliance: An In-Depth Look At What You Need To Know
Moderator: Henry Wyckowski - Attorney, Wyckowski Law
James Anthony - Principal, Anthony Law Group
Tyler Autera - Chief Operating & Co-Founder, Cannalysis Labs
Brooke Butler - Vice President of Business Development, Simplifya
Dr. Juli Crockett - Director of Compliance, MMLG, LLC
Kimerbly Simms - Attorney, Law Office of Kimberly R. Simms
Jessica Velazquez - Managing Parnter & Founder, Indiva Advisors, LLP
**Disclaimer: The information provided on this webpage does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only.
On February 27, 2019 CCIA partnered with three California regulatory bodies to bring members and the public a series of educational webinars.
Below are links to the recorded webinars and the corresponding presentations.
CCIA & The Bureau of Cannabis Control (BCC)
CCIA Executive Director, Lindsay Robinson, spoke with Lori Ajax, Chief of the BCC about permanent regulations.
CCIA & The California Department of Food and Ag (CDFA)
CCIA Communications & Outreach Director, Josh Drayton, spoke with Calcannabis Cultivation Licensing Director Richard Parrott about permanent regulations.
CCIA & The California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
CCIA Executive Director, Lindsay Robinson, spoke with Christina Dempsey from the Manufactured Cannabis Safety Branch (MCBS) about permanent regulations.
Licensing Fact Sheets
Bureau of Cannabis Control
- (Updated) Cannabis Event Fact Sheet
- Cannabis Retailer (Storefront) Fact Sheet
- Cannabis Retailer (Non-Storefront) Fact Sheet
- (NEW!) Guidance on Commercial Cannabis Activity
California Department of Public Health
- Packaging Checklist (PDF) - for cannabis and cannabis products
- Labeling Checklist for Cannabis (PDF) - for flower and flower-only pre-rolls
- Labeling Checklist for Cannabis Products (PDF) - for manufactured cannabis products
- Cannabis Manufacturing License Types (PDF)
- Annual License Application Checklist (PDF)
- Annual License Application – Guide to Required Documents (PDF)
California Department of Food & Agriculture
- A Reference Guide for the Attachments Required With a State Cannabis Cultivation License Application (ENGLISH)
- A Reference Guide for the Attachments Required With a State Cannabis Cultivation License Application (SPANISH)
- A Reference Guide for the Cultivation Plan Required With a State Cannabis Cultivation License Application (ENGLISH)
- A Reference Guide for the Cultivation Plan Required With a State Cannabis Cultivation License Application (SPANISH)
- Five Steps for Using the California Cannabis Track-and-Trace System (ENGLISH)
- Five Steps for Using the California Cannabis Track-and-Trace System (SPANISH)