Welcome to the
California Cannabis Industry Association
California's Collective Voice for the Cannabis Industry
As the Board of Directors of the California Cannabis Industry Association (CCIA), our priority is to advocate for policies that support the growth of a legal and inclusive Cannabis industry. We strive to bring the industry together and to speak to legislators and leaders with a unified voice.
As our industry continues to quickly grow and change, it’s not surprising that we sometimes have friction and disagreements. Unfortunately, this friction has recently manifested in conspiracy theories and misinformation regarding our legislative efforts.
Continue reading Here
To promote the growth of a responsible and legitimate cannabis industry and work for a favorable social, economic, and legal environment for our industry in the state of California.
The California Cannabis Industry Association was founded on the principle of strength in numbers. The thousands of California businesses involved in our state-legal cannabis industry represent a significant economic force. As the industry's most influential state trade association, CCIA works everyday to ensure our burgeoning business sector is represented in a professional and coordinated way at the state level.
Industry in Action
2020 has been a year of compounding crises and policy reform setbacks, and the priority legislation that we focused on in the beginning of the year drastically changed by the end of the legislative session. Now that the 2019-2020 California Legislative Session has come to a close, we are pleased to report that a number of cannabis bills have passed the Legislature and are on their way to the Governor’s desk.
- No Tax Increases - AB 1872 (Committee on Budget): Ensures stability for the cannabis industry going into 2021 by suspending the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration’s authority to raise cultivation taxes and the excise tax mark-up rate for one year.
- Higher Testing Variances - AB 1458 (Quirk): Raises the label variance threshold for edible products from plus or minus 10% to plus or minus 12% until January 1, 2022.
- Pre-Final Form Testing - AB 1470 (Quirk): Redefines “final form” for purposes of cannabis testing, to clarify that products can be tested without being in their final retail packaging. This will not only allow for batch testing of such products such as flower and edibles.
- Banking Assistance - AB 1525 (Jones-Sawyer): Allows cannabis licensees to authorize data sharing between a specific financial institution and licensing agencies, thus making it easier for financial institutions to bank with cannabis businesses in California.
- Appellations Clarity - SB 67 (McGuire): Ensures that cannabis used to create cannabis products from a recognized “appellation of origin”, as defined by the Department of Food and Agriculture, was planted in the ground, and grown without the use of a structure, and without the use of artificial lighting in the canopy area.
- Testing Pathway for Enforcement - SB 1244 (Bradford): Aids local agencies in enforcing against illicit cannabis activities by making clear that cannabis testing laboratories may receive and test samples from any local or state law enforcement agency or regulatory body.
The Benefits of Membership
Your business's participation with the California Cannabis industry Association means being represented alongside hundreds of other responsible industry leaders committed to bringing about a legitimate and professional cannabis business community.
During the legislative process CCIA has been extremely successful at building coalition partners outside of the cannabis reform movement. This includes medical organizations, law enforcement, labor unions, local and state government associations, and environmental protection groups. Together we create a coalition focused on responsible policy and regulations at the state capitol.
In addition to shaping the legal and regulatory framework for California's emerging cannabis industry, CCIA membership also provides a statewide platform to promote your business while offering you valuable discounts from participating cannabis industry partners.
Policy and Regulation Development
Industry & Political Forecasting
Exclusive Member to Member Services
Networking with Leading Industry Professionals